Owen Middle School Mission Statement
Students will explore their unlimited potential, the interconnectedness of a social and digital existence, their roles in a global society, and the rich heritage of the Swannanoa Valley.
Owen Middle School Belief Statements
- Faculty and staff foster a safe and physically comfortable environment that promotes student exploration.
- Faculty, staff and students are valued individuals with unique physical, social, cultural, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and students share the responsibility of advancing the school’s vision.
- Technology is used as a tool to enhance student learning.
- Project-based learning is used to promote innovation, creativity, collaboration, and exploration.
- Teachers provide opportunities for student-led, inquiry-based learning.
- Faculty and staff extend learning through partnerships with our community.
- We are stewards of our environment.