If you need another contract, please come and see me.
This contract needs to be signed by the student and the legal parent or guardian.
OWEN MIDDLE SCHOOL - LABORATORY SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
For Grades 6-8 (Will be kept on file through 8th grade)Student Name ________________________________________ Home Phone __________
Parent /Guardian _____________________________________ Cell Phone ____________
LABORATORY SAFETY PROCEDURES ( A copy of this should be in your notebook)
- Follow the instructions of your teacher. If you have a safety question, ask your teacher. Each time new equipment is used, the teacher will demonstrate how to use it properly.
- Be aware of the location of all safety equipment. Know the safety procedures for your lab.
- Wear safety goggles and closed toe shoes when required.
- Roll up loose long sleeves on shirts and tie long hair back when directed to do so.
- Treat ALL materials with respect. Do not smell or taste any chemical without permission.
- Be cautious around electrical equipment and outlets.
- DO NOT waste or misuse materials.
- Read all labels twice to make sure you have the correct substance.
- NO “horseplay” or “fooling around” is permitted.
- Use equipment only after you have been given permission from your teacher to do so.
- Report all accidents or broken equipment to the teacher immediately.
- Move carefully in the classroom. (No running or jumping)
- Speak softly during your group work so others cannot hear your conversations.
- Clean all equipment and return it to assigned area as directed by the teacher.
- All group work areas are to be cleaned before you leave the lab / classroom.
- *Unless given permission, during lab activities gum, candy, and drinks are not allowed.
This paper certifies that I have read the “Laboratory Safety Acknowledgement Form” and will be given ongoing verbal instructions from the classroom science teacher concerning safety procedures before each activity.. I realize that failure to observe these instructions could result in serious injury to me and / or others. I acknowledge my responsibility towards the care and use of all materials and equipment.
I promise to observe and obey these rules at all times. If I neglect to follow these safety rules, I understand I will be removed from the laboratory portion of this course, as well as possibly receive additional consequences..
|Student signature and date
||Parent / Guardian signature and date
You will be given two copies of this form. One is to be signed and the other is kept in your science notebook or folder.